Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Meet Zach Russack - Guitarist










    An Interview with Zach Russack - Guitarist

Hi Zach, how long have you been playing?
I have been playing music for eleven years.

What was your first guitar?
It was a Fender Squire Strat.

What project are you working on right now?
My serious project is me performing solo. My music is classified as more alternative with little tastes and influences of Folk (more modern folk). The solo album I am releasing has songs that are arranged for a full band, but I have written and performed every instrument on the record.

What musicians influenced you?
My songwriting style varies song to song, ranging influences from Elliott to The Milk Carton Kids to Neil Young.

How many bands have you been in?
I've been in three bands:
Reverse Order - Hackettstown, NJ
Crimson Fire - Ridgefield, NJ
The Morning on Fire - New Haven, CT

What's it like to gig?
Honestly, it's difficult at times depending on the venue.  My music is more mellow than an average band/musician performing at a popular local venue.  It's all about performing to the right and appreciative audience.

How often do you practice?
I need to practice more.  I practice maybe one or two days a week and it's for an hour or more depending on the day.  I need to dedicate more time to the craft.

What is one of your accomplishments as a musician?
I feel like I haven't had some mind-blowing/bad ass musical accomplishment tales to tell.  I have not been pleased with what I have done musically so far but I hope that will change after this LP I am preparing to release.  I've been busting my hump making sure that I do not goof this record up because I want to really take this LP seriously and go as far as I can with it.  Once that is released, I will say that THAT is probably my greatest musical accomplishment I have achieved thus far.  Other than that, I've had great gigging opportunities, but nothing groundbreaking.

                 Check Zach out at  Facebook.com/zachrussackmusic

                        Visit tothegig.com and check out the 
                           Pre-Launch of our Musician App
            Sign up for our mailing list at tothegig@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment