Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Meet Steve Bello

                photo by Jeff Crespi

                      
An Interview with Steve Bello

Hi Steve, how many years have you been playing?
I've been playing for 37 years, so I look pretty good for 18.

What musicians influenced you?
Far too many to list but the condensed version is Jimi Hendrix, Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Vernon Reid, Uli Roth, Prince, John McLaughlin, Al DiMeola, Chris Broderick, Jeff Loomis, Ty Tabor . . .

How many bands have you been in?
You mean ones that I will admit to?  That's about 15 or so.  I definitely worked my way through the ranks. I have had my own "band" since 2003 though, so that's the longest I've been in a band because I can't fire myself.

What's it like to gig?
When the crowd is sending good vibes, the guitar tones are just right, the energy just flows through and it's an amazing feeling.  Of course, there will be some "eh" nights that I just have to chalk up to a Spinal Tap moment.  I enjoy gigging more now than when I was younger because I appreciate it more now.

How often do you practice?
Virtually I practice every day whether I am going over jazz scales or jamming along to my Led Zeppelin and Metal CD like when I was 15.

What advice can you give to a new musician out there?
Get a good lawyer after you learn you first E chord.

What was one of your accomplishments as a musician?
I got to tour Germany back in 2014 with TM Stevens and TC Tolliver.  That was definitely an eye-opening experience.  I would love to go back again.  Someone hook me up!!!

photo by Jeff Crespi

photo by Ken Riccio



Steve Bello's sites
 www.stevebellorocks.com
www.facebook.com/stevebellomus


Visit tothegig.com and check out
   the Pre-Launch of our Musician App






No comments:

Post a Comment