Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Meet Al Egizi





There are so many famous musicians that we read about online or in the news. What about all of the talented musicians that we don't hear about?  So many of them are writing songs, creating new tunes and playing with amazing talent that I want to give a shout out to all of them. Each new post will feature one of those musicians.  

The first guy that I had the pleasure to interview was Al Egizi. He plays the guitar and sings. We did a question and answer session. Here we go..

Al, how many years have you been playing?  
I'm thinking 48 years.  

What was your first guitar?  
It was a no name accoustic won on the boardwalk in Seaside Heights, New Jersey.  My grandmother won it for me.

What artists influenced you?  
It all started with the Beatles just like every other kid my age.  

How many bands have you been in?  
I don't remember. I can say that it's varied from garage bands to cover bands and now club date bands.

What's it like to gig?
 It's one of the best feelings in the world.  Even after all these years, the grand puzzle that is music in general and the guitar in particular still never gets old.  

How often do you practice?  
Let me put it this way. If I don't pick up the guitar for one day, I know it. If I don't pick it up for two days my band mates know it. If i don't pick it up for three days the audience will know it.  

What is one of your accomplishments as a musician?
In the summer of 2004, I was invited to join the Steely Dan Tribute Band, the Royal Scam.  I methodically worked out the key guitar parts to over three dozen Steely Dan masterpieces.  As there really was not a uTube network then nor charts that were of any real use, it was and remains to this day the pinacle of ear training and developing and emulating the styles and techniques of some of our most iconic guitar players.

A post from Talented Musicians



No comments:

Post a Comment