Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Steve Lucas



Interview with Steve Lucas

Steve, how many years have you been playing?
I started taking guitar lessons in 1968.  The Belleville School System had a great music program.  From there, I went to William Paterson University.

What was your first band?
I was involved with two different bands.  One was the stage/jazz band in middle school as I could read music well and the other band was the kids in my neighborhood covering Black Sabbath.  LOL

What musicians influenced you?
They included Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Al DiMeola, Miles Davis, Pat Metheny and vintage jazz records from my parents.  

How many bands have you been in?
There are too many to list.  I've always been a freelancer.  I've liked being behind the scenes more than upfront.  I'm involved with a different project right now.  It's great fun to work with my girl Pam Wahlberg who is a fine vocalist.

What's it like to gig?
Gigging is relaxing and challenging.  If it's not fun, I'd rather stay home.

How often do you practice?
I still practice daily in some way or another.  Getting away from it at times helps.  It's like digestion.  You hit it later fresh.

What was one of your accomplishments as a musician?
I have to say that being able to meet or work with those I have admired like Les Paul is an accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment