Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Monday, August 22, 2016

Meet Yanick Manigat-Maakheru - Singer





An Interview with Yanick Manigat-Maakheru

Hi Yanick, how many years have you been singing?
I've been a professional musician for about 19 years.

What did you start out doing?
I sang gospel for most of my life in the Church Choir.

What was your first gig?
My first professional gig was with Dennis Chinelli's "Just Friends" Ensemble.

What musicians influenced you?
I was influenced by many vocalists from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.

What's it like to gig?
Gigging can be a lot of fun and a wonderful thing, however, it can also be very stressful depending on the circumstances.

How often do you practice?
I practice informally daily.  When I have a gig coming up, I practice as often as needed to feel confident and do well!!!

What was one of your accomplishments as a musician?
Working with the "A Band" for 17 years is one of my favorite accomplishments.



             Visit tothegig.com and check out the Pre-Launch of our Musician App. 
                                  Sign up for our mailing list at tothegig@gmail.com
                                     






No comments:

Post a Comment