Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Meet Bryan Abel



An Interview with Bryan Abel

Hi Bryan, how long have you been playing the bass?
I've been playing for twelve years.

What was your first bass?
It was an old Aria Pro II P Bass that was given to me as a gift.

What musician influenced you?
Victor Wooten has been a huge influence, as well as guys like Bakithi Kumalo, and Pino Palladino.  Dave Matthews has also been a huge influence.

How many bands have you been in?
I have played professionally in four different bands.  I am currently playing with two: Jademasque (original world music) and JAGG (variety/cover band).

What is it like to gig?
For me, it's what it's all about.  As much as I like creating and composing music, the energy and response that you get from interacting with a crowd cannot be reproduced anyway but live!!!

How often do you practice?
I am in the process of finishing my Bachelors Degree in Music, so I try to practice double bass at least two or three hours a day.  With the electric, I try to practice no less than an hour a day.

What was one of your accomplishments as a musician?
One of my most proud accomplishments was getting accepted to Berklee College of Music when I was eighteen.  But as of more recent, it was joining the amazing team of artists with MTD Kingston Basses.

                 Visit tothegig.com and check out the 
                     Pre-Launch of our Musician App






No comments:

Post a Comment