Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Meet Amerigo Liuteria Gozzi




Today's interview is a little different than the rest.  You see, I make friends with many musicians on the To the Gig's Facebook page.  I was asking some of my friends from there if they would like to be interviewed here on the blog.  I received a message from a person a little while later.  It said, "I am a luthier, not a musician.  Since I was not familiar with a luthier, I googled it.  What I found out was that a luthier is a person who builds guitars.    At first I clicked the message off.  A few minutes later, Al, my partner here said it could be an interesting interview.  I want to thank Amerigo for taking the time to share with me.  

Please check out Amerigo's website to see what he does.   www.amerigogozzi.com

I hope you like it.  I'm always thinking of ways to make the blog better.  If you have any suggestions, please email me at tothegig@gmail.com.  Thank you for your continued support.  Deb




An Interview with Amerigo Liuteria Gozzi 

Hi Amerigo, where do you reside?
I live in Florence, Italy.

When did you begin building guitars?
I began to build guitars in 2000 when I was 18.  At first, I was building electric guitars but over time I have had more interest in acoustic guitars.  


What types of guitars do you build?
Today I offer a few models all original design.  Often my guitars are the sum of customers / musicians ideas.

How did you learn your craft?

I learned from famous luthier books and meeting a few others in shops in my region.  Direct experience on the bench is a major part of my inspiration.


Do you produce instruments for sale or are all of the models you make made to order?
My instruments are often built directly from my customers's needs.  You can see more pictures and information on my website.   www.amerigogozzi.com

Where can our readers go to find out more about your instruments?
You can find me on instagram as listeria gozzi or on Facebook as liuteria gozzi handmade guitars. 

                                






Get interviewed on our blog. Drop us a line at:

tothegig@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment