Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Meet Sean Faust





An Interview with Sean Faust

Hi Sean, where do you currently reside?
I'm currently living on one of the quietest streets in the world in Hawthorne, NJ and I love it.

How many years have you been playing?
Let's just say that I've been playing quite a long time and ready for that next step.

What musicians influenced you?
I was exposed to Sgt. Pepper (The Beatles) and Hot Rocks Vol. 1 (The Rolling Stones) and lots of film scores and classical music at a very young age.  One day I discovered Pink Floyd, who remains my absolute favorite to this very day.  I've always had a wide range of taste in music from Dream Theater to Grateful Dead to Rush to Phish to Live to Yes...this list will get weird, so I'll leave it at that.

What's it like to gig?
I could never explain that rush I get when I'm on stage whether it's local or out on the road.  It's pure elation and then some.  Hitting the road is such a unique feeling.

Tell us about your gear?
I currently go back and forth between my Taylor (her name is Saffron...sometimes Yolanda) and my Cort (Susannah) acoustics when I'm playing guitar.  There are rare occasions when I break out my Fender Stratocaster (her name is Vera) and play it through a 1960's Alamo tube amp.  They don't make those amps anymore, but I sure did get lucky to have one!

What advice would you give a newbie musician?
Learn everything you possibly can about not only your instrument but music in general.  Reading Theory.  It's more important than you can ever imagine.  Lastly, stick to what your heart tells you.

What was one of your accomplishments as a musician or what are your goals?
Any time I get to perform live and travel makes me incredibly happy.  My goal is very simple:
Make a simple and modest living touring the country playing my songs.  I'm working very hard to make that a reality.











Get interviewed on our blog. Drop us a line at:

tothegig@gmail.com













No comments:

Post a Comment