Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Friday, August 12, 2016

Meet Dave Crum - Guitarist




An Interview with Dave Crum

Hi Dave, How long having you been playing the guitar?
I've been playing for 29 years.

What was your first guitar?
It was a Montoya Electric - red with lightning bolts painted on it.

What musicians influenced you?
Let's see: Slash, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Jeff Beck, Prince, Miles Davis, Grant Green, Zedd and many many more.

How many bands have you been in?
I lost track - at one point I was playing in five or six ensembles at the same time.

What's it like to gig?
It can be great and some can be a drag.  Sometimes the traveling is a drag but the gig makes up for it. If the crowd is good, it makes it worthwhile.  

How often do you practice?
I practice every day.  I haven't missed one day in over 15 years.  I do a minimum of 30 minutes, but average is three to six hours a day.  Most days, I squeeze in a half hour of piano and one other instrument to keep my chops up.

What was one of your accomplishments as a musician?
Live - Opening  for the rock band, Fuel, for a sold out show at Starland Ballroom.  That was pretty awesome.  I also  released two albums under my own name, especially Project Murc II: Renaissance (2016).  They are available through my website, iTunes, Spotify and wherever music is sold or streamed.

To Learn more about Dave, check him out on the following websites:

Dave's single:  www.davecrummusic.com

Dave's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/davecrumguitar

Dave's uTube: http://www.youtube.com/kingdomcrum





                          Check out tothegig.com and sign up for our mailing list!


No comments:

Post a Comment