Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Meet Jeff Guenther - Guitarist




An Interview with Jeff Guenther

Hi Jeff, how many years have you been playing the guitar?
I have been playing out since 1962 so that's 54 years.  My first gig was at a friend's party.  I've been playing an instrument since 1957 or 59 years.

What was your first instrument?
piano

What musicians influenced you?
Wow, there's Alvino Rey, Les Paul, Gene Krupa, musicians on the Lawrence Welk Show and many more!!!

How many bands have you been in?
I lost count.  In 1985, I worked with 15 groups, local and global.  It's even safe to say 30.

What's it like to gig?
It changes with age, ego and attitude.  I was hard to work with in the 80's and got a reality check.  Now, each gig is an honor and a blessing to play.

How often do you practice?
With so many gigs, I rarely practice, except to learn new material or prepare for recording sessions.

What was one of your accomplishments as a musician?
To finally release my own CD and having friends and my wife, Annmarie, on the selections.

Visit the following link:   http://www.RockersUSA.com/Jeff Guenther  / Jeff Guenther on Facebook 

                        Check out tothegig.com and sign up for our mailing list!
                                                      tothegig@gmail.com


1 comment: