Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Meet Ryan Bynum - Keyboards


An interview with Ryan Bynum - Keyboards

Hi Ryan, how many years have you been playing? 
I started when I was four years of age and now I'm 33.  I've been playing non-stop for 29 years.  

What was your first instrument?
I began on the piano and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was the first song I've ever played.

What musicians influenced you?
There were so many:  Chic Correa, Herbie Hancock, George Duke, Ramsey Lewis, Stevie Wonder, Richard Bona, Take 6, Quincy Jones, Prince, Bobby McFerrin, Freddie Mercury and many more.

How many bands have you been in?
I've been in bands since the age of 15.  There is a countless number of bands that I've been in or toured with.


What's it like to gig?
Gigging is the normal no matter who you are.  I'm always nervous before show time and always putting my heart in everything I do, but most importantly you must communicate with your audience.  It's a nerve wreck until you're actually doing it.

How often do you practice?
I almost never practice because of limited time.  I'm also a full-time single dad of three girls.  My practice time is the gig the majority of the time, especially if it's a local bar gig.

What was one of your accomplishments as a musician?
One of my greatest accomplishments as a musician is being able to provide for my family doing what I love to do and what I do best.  There is no greater feeling than seeing my daughters happy.  It was also an honor performing for Prince many times at Paisley Park especially for his album release party before he passed away.

                              Check out To the Gig's Pre Launch at tothegig.com 

                               Sign up for our mailing list at tothegig@gmail.com

                                    






No comments:

Post a Comment