Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Meet Lori Michaels





Today's interview is with Lori Michaels.

Hi Lori, how many years have you been playing the piano?
I started playing piano and taking lessons before the age of three.

What was your first piano?
It was a gift from my great grandmother - a beautiful Baby Grand - which sadly I don't have anymore.  If I could get it back I would because I can't thank her enough for giving that to me.

What musicians influenced you?
I have had a wide variety of musicians that I've listened to and even had the pleasure of working with over the years.  My biggest musical influence on piano was my piano teacher Paul Simeone. I am forever grateful for him going against his better judgment and STILL showing up at my house to teach me when I was barely three years old.  He was and still is so much more that JUST a piano teacher.  He is one of the biggest influences in my life ... as a musician, a singer, a songwriter, a recording artist and even LIVE performer.  He showed me at a young age that you don't just "hear" or "play" music - you FEEL music.  He shared his time and talent with me and taught me so much.  Paul is one of the few people that I always attribute my love and passion for teaching music myself because I know how much it meant to me to have him in my life - as my teacher.  I would only hope I am half as good as a teacher as he was for me.

How many bands have you been in?
I have "sat in" with a few bands - as a vocalist, lead and backgrounds, and also had the chance to dabble on the keys.  I even got a chance to be in a band and perform on the WARPED TOUR, be on a tour bus and live my life "on the road" for a short period of time.  That was certainly a unique experience.

What's it like to gig?
I am actually going to "jump in" (by special request)" and do a gig (on keys/vocals) coming up soon. I am really looking forward to being with a few musicians that I haven't worked with in such a long time but have left such a lasting impact on me and I always enjoy listening to them play as well.   To be able to play with them especially for a special occasion is something I am truly looking forward to doing.

How often do you practice?
I feel like I "practice" in some capacity almost everyday because I do vocal coaching and still work on music, production / performances (for myself and others).  I have to make sure that whoever I am working with always sounds the best that they could.

What was one of your accomplishments as a musician?
My biggest accomplishment as a musician is how I have been able to expand my love for music into a business and to be able to share that with so many others on the level that I have is amazing to me.  I am grateful and blessed to have music in my life and love what I do.  Music matters!

Keep an eye out for To the Gig's Musician App.  The  Pre Launch will be here soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment