Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Meet Steve Carafello

                                      


An Interview with Steve Carafello

Hi Steve, how long have you been playing?
Well, I'll be dating myself here.  I first picked up a bass guitar at 14, so I've been playing on and off for about 40 years.  

What was your first bass?
Technically, my first bass was an old Danelectro Guitar with the two high strings removed.  Then I bought a new Hondo Precision Bass copy for $80.00.  About two years later, I had saved enough to buy my first Fender P Bass.  I think at the time, in 1979, it cost me about $350.00.  

What musicians influenced you?
That's a tough one.  My early musical influences were all over the map, from The Beatles to Deep Purple, from Zeppelin to Al DiMeola.  I don't think any band was excluded from my world though I remember not being the biggest fan of disco at the time.  My mom was big into popular music - so I grew up listening to a lot of standard stuff also, like
Sinatra and others like him.

How many bands have you been in?
I think it's probably ten total, from the first band being HORIZON in high school to NRG today.

What's it like to gig?
I've always loved it.  If you know your parts well enough, play with talented musicians who you love and then if the crowd is engaged???  Awesome!!!  It can really be a natural high.  For me as a bassist, a solid drummer with a great feel/groove is the thing that gets me off the most.  The drummer I'm working with now in NRG has an incredible pocket.

How often do you practice?
Unfortunately, not as often as I should.  I really only practice to brush up and learn the stuff that the band is rehearsing.  The full NRG band that I play with now gigs about once a month, so we probably rehearse together about once a month on average.

What was one of your accomplishments as a musician?
Ha Ha!!!! Other than having been able to make a decent living at it in the 80's, I suppose I don't have any "notable" musical accomplishments.  I do know a lot of musicians who wish they could play out for good crowds on a regular basis.  I guess that is a genuine accomplishment - being lucky enough to do that for so many years.  
It was really my musical background that was the launch point for my video production company.  Our first paying job was a custom soundtrack.  We've also had a couple of jingles air nationally.  So, if you connect the dots, that might be the best accomplishment.  

                                                                 
Visit Steve's Production Business
http://www.greeniguanastudios.com/


Visit tothegig.com and check out
the Pre-Launch of our Musician App






No comments:

Post a Comment