Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Friday, November 4, 2016

Meet Ben Barnes



An Interview with Ben Barnes

Hi Ben, where do you live?
I live in San Fransisco.

How long have you been playing?
37 years

What musicians have influenced you?
Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Schubert, Wagner, Zeppelin, The Beatles, Dead Kennedys, The Police, Charlie Parker, Miles, etc...

How many bands have you been in?
One String Quartet, several orchestras, two bands that I was lead singer and fiddler, many others I have been a lead violinist and my solo singer/songwriter band.  I have been the producer of many albums.  I also compose and improvise.

What's it like to gig?
Gigging is good when the venues are acceptable and transportation is adequate.  Gigging sucks in an overstuffed minivan driving with two stoned guys for several hundred miles between dates sitting in the back seat with an amp in your lap.

How often do you practice?
When time permits, I practice violin and viola four hours a day, guitar and vocals for 90 minutes, and songwriting and composition for two hours or more.

Tell us about your gear.
I have five electric violins (Zeta five string, Zeta four string both acoustic electric, An ADM white fiddle and a Black Viola (I keep them in one case).  There's an acoustic violin, an acoustic viola, an acoustic nylon string acoustic electric guitar a black telecaster, a fender pro Jr. tube amp, two cubes,  two black star amps, a battery operated PA, microphone, cables etc...

What advice would you give a newbie musician?
Focus on determination on first subduing your passion until your technical skills will allow you to rage without mistakes.

What is one of your accomplishments as a musician?
You can listen to and download most of my life's work and read my bio on my website:
www.bejaminbarnes.com

My goals right now are to make a living playing music that will afford me a lifestyle that reflects my talent, education, accomplishments, ambitions, drive and continuity of purpose.  I want it all!!!!



       



Always looking for new artists to feature on our blog.
                       Email us at tothegig@gmail.com


Click on the follow button on our blog page!

















No comments:

Post a Comment