Title

We have a new site!

New Site

Over the last six months the response to our initial blog site has been fantastic! Thanks for all your enthusiasm and support.

We've been working hard to create a true community and showcase for talented musicians - please come visit our updated site here:

www.somanytalentedmusicians.com.


Thanks!
Debbie

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Meet Nias Miller





An Interview with Nias Miller

Hi Nias, where do you live now?
Currently I live in Manhattan, but I grew up in Brooklyn, NY.  

How long have you been singing?
I've been singing since my teens.  I initially began singing to show people the songs I wrote and they usually responded, "You actually have a pretty good voice. " So from the start, I did both.  

What musicians influenced you?
I'm influenced by musicians, singers, writers and producers that have their own sound or signature.  I have cookie cutter anything.  Uniqueness of expression, interpretation of what exists are what I value.  It goes across genres really because I genuinely love music.  My influences are as diverse as Sade Adu, Miguel, and Sting, to Reggae's Morgan Heritage and Paper Airplanes.

What's it like to gig?
Connecting with an audience through a performance is almost a spiritual experience.  It honestly requires a lot from you personally.  But it can be very rewarding if you find the right synergistic energy.

How often do you practice?
My focus musically has changed now.  I'm concentrating on licensing my music mostly, rather than trying to perform.  Thus, I'm literally in the studio every week working on new material and trying to stretch my creativity.  Exploring and defying categories has been my passion recently.

What advice would you give a "newbie" musician?
Music requires dedication.  If you're a newbie...put the time in!  Nothing can replace consistent honing of your craft; whether it's playing, writing, or singing.  You should never stop learning (unless you're dead) so wherever you are, seek to grow and improve.  "If it doesn't challenge you... it doesn't change you!"

What's one of your accomplishments as a musician?
My current goal is to brand my new company "Nias Intellectual Properties" by getting my material from my catalog placed in one National Ad, two independent films, and at least four broadcast television or cable shows in the next 12 months.  There's currently a strong resurgence of storytelling occurring in African American film and TV.  I would love to be a part of that.  I'm courting a licensing agent right now actually and hope to accomplish the above goals before 2017 ends.

Listen to Nias's music here:
"Without You" (Acoustic) on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/gwb1RtSuQr4




Get interviewed on our blog. Drop us a line at:
tothegig@gmail.com










No comments:

Post a Comment